Vintage Afternoon Tea at Thea Caffea, Nottingham

2 comments
It's time for the third installment in my summer Afternoon Tea series and this time I am writing about Thea Caffea, a beautiful tea room nestled in a little alleyway near the Broadmarsh Shopping Centre in Nottingham City Centre. 

Thea Caffea has been open since 2012, since it is hidden away from the main  shopping streets I never noticed it until my mum happened to mention it to me. Similar to the Tiffin Tea House that I reviewed a couple weeks back, it has a vintage inspired look to it. But, unlike the Tiffin Tea Hose it has a slightly more modern and sophisticated vibe.I thought the entrance was absolutely stunning and felt very posh :). The cafe has ample room inside and out and is actually very spacious.



The menu includes a range of different types of cakes and teas. There's an option to just have a cream tea (for £5.95) or just the afternoon tea sandwiches (for £4.25). But obviously we opted for the full afternoon tea (I have no shame), priced at £12.95 per person.
The tea was served in beautiful bone china pots, cups and saucers. Thea Caffea make their tea with tea leaves instead of tea bags, which is much better for you, as their is more room for the tea leaves to absorb water and expand as they infuse, which allows water to flow and extract even more vitamins, minerals and flavours from the tea-leaves.

The one thing that really stood out about the vintage afternoon tea at Thea Caffea for me is the amount of food you get for the price, Thea Caffea seem to be mote generous in their quantity and portions than other afternoon tea's I have sampled.

The abundance (that we couldn't finish) of sandwiches included: Cucumber & Cream Cheese, Egg Mayonnaise & Mustard Cress and Smoked Salmon & Lemon Mayo. There were also meat options available too.
The scones were scrumptious and were very filling as you received a plain scone with a sugar crust and a fruit sultana scone. I liked how you received two pots of jam and cream, as I'm not a massive sharer when it comes to scones. The separate pots meant I could literally pile on a ton of cream without feeling bad that I used it all up ahaha! 
The cakes included: Lemon Meringue Cake, Coffee Cake and Chocolate Cake, good traditional options and all very well made and yummy. 

All in all I would say the vintage afternoon tea at Thea Caffea is great value for money, considering the amount of food you actually get I was surprised at how cheap it was! However, just to note you are restricted to just an English Breakfast Tea with this option. It would cost £1 extra if you wish to have a Specialty Tea or £2 extra if you wanted a Flowering Tea.

I definitely enjoyed the Afternoon Tea at Thea Caffea and it's well worth a visit if you are looking for a quaint place in Nottingham which offers high quality homemade food, with a vintage vibe.

See you next time for more of my ramblings!

xx

Last Afternoon Tea Review: Pink Afternoon Tea at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire, Leicester Square, London
Next Afternoon Tea Review Up: Afternoon Tea at Byron's Brasserie, Colwick Hall Hotel, Nottingham
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. This place has shut down now. Our cities and towns have become corporate wastelands where the same clone cafés and shops are everywhere and everything that has character and individuality is wiped out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. High tea Leicester

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig