Pink Afternoon Tea at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire, Leicester Square, London

3 comments
I have always wanted to attend a themed afternoon tea and my wish came true on my 18th Birthday when  my sister kindly took me to the Radisson Blu Hotel in Leicester Square to celebrate with a pink themed afternoon tea.

The pink afternoon tea is served in the Scoff and Banter Bar & Restaurant of the Radisson Blu Hotel and is essentially the same as their traditional afternoon tea, but with pink coloured cakes and pastries, which made the spread look more appealing (well if you like pink that is!) The scones and sandwiches weren't pink though, I think it would of been slightly strange if they had been!

The restaurant itself  was nicely decorated with comfy sofas and understated decor. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was how dim the lighting was, as sometimes dim lighting gives me a bit of a headache, I much prefer brightly lit rooms. 

The view from the window!

I'm pretty sure the group of people next to us thought I was crazy when I told my sister not to touch anything as soon as the waiter placed the stand down and spent about 10 minutes taking endless photographs!

We specifically asked for vegetarian sandwiches and were told this was no problem, yet a few moments later we were brought a 3-tiered cake stand consisting of  ham sandwiches. The cake stand was swiftly removed when we informed them of the mistake and the waitress apologised. But, we had to wait a fair while for a new stand, i wasn't very hungry until I saw the cake stand - how mean of them teasing us with it ahaha! 
When we finally received the correct sandwiches, the selection included cheese & tomato, salmon, cheese & cucumber and a pink one which looked really cool, but I wasn't entirely sure what it was as the waiter never went through the sandwiches.The sandwiches were very yummy, expect for the pink one, which I wasn't that keen on!

The top layer of the cake stand contained a yummy Eton mess, which was a nice touch to the afternoon tea, however I'm not sure why it wasn't pink! I can only just imagine how un-ladylike we looked, angrily trying to scoop out every last spoonful as it was just so yummy, particularly as the spoon was too big to fit right to the bottom :( 
How pretty do the cakes look??!

The sweet treats included a delicious pink carrot cake, macaroons and a cake topped with pink cream! 

Aside from the mistake with the sandwiches the service was good and the staff were friendly. Afternoon Tea at The Radisson Blu Hotel is a fairly laidback and relaxed affair and the staff leave you to enjoy your tea without constantly towering over you. Yet, they still came over every now and then to check everything was okay. 

I must admit when I first entered the restaurant and noticed the bar area I thought that we wouldn't be able to relax there or even hear each other speak. Yet, I was completely wrong, I don't know why but we both felt very relaxed there. We were actually rather shocked at how long we had just sat, chatted and stuffed our faces for, as there was a really chilled out atmosphere.


On the whole I had a great time celebrating my 18th and thought it was a great twist on the traditional Afternoon Tea - I would highly recommend Radisson Blu to anyone looking for somewhere to go for a girly treat, with a very laid back and relaxed atmosphere.

However, if the afternoon tea doesn't fill you up you can always stop off for fish and chips next door :-) - another very British tradition!

Have you tried any themed Afternoon Tea's? Do you have any recommendations for next time? 

See you next time for more of my ramblings!

xx

Last Afternoon Tea Review: Afternoon Tea at Tiffin Tea House, West Bridgford, Nottingham 
Next Afternoon Tea Review Up: Vintage Afternoon Tea at Thea Caffea, Nottingham
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments

  1. This looks fab, I've not had an afternoon tea in forever but this has seriously got me in the mood for one. :)

    www.rosebudontheroad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so attractive and food are really tempting. I have to go to Cirque le Soir Table to throw a party with friends then I will visit there. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. High tea Leicester

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig