Kunzle Cake Recipe

1 comment

The other day I was feeling a little nostalgic so I had rummage through my secondary school things and came across a recipe from 5 years ago when I was just in my first year. After endless Google searches I have come to the conclusion that there aren't any Kunzle cake recipes out there quite  like this one, so for today's post I thought I  would share this beloved recipe with all you lovely people (you can thank me later)

For those of you who don't know a Kunzle Cake is basically a chocolately biscuit mixture topped with more chocolate… heavenly!

Kunzle cake is possibly one of my favourite sweet treats (and that's saying a lot) its super easy to make as no baking is required and is perfect for any party or those lazy Netflix’s days.

To make Kunzle cake you will need: 

200g hobnobs or digestives, 85g Butter, 1tbsp Golden Syrup and 1 dessert spoon of granulated sugar             
Topping: 100g milk chocolate, 25g butter, 1tbsp semi-skimmed milk and decorations of your choice.

Method:
Step One: Firstly you will need to break your biscuits. I placed the biscuits into sandwich bags and used a rolling pin to break them up - don't get too carried away because you want the biscuits to be broken into small chunks not a powder! Alternatively, you can use your hands to break them in to small chunks but that's more time consuming. 
Step Two: In a small pan melt the 85g Butter, golden syrup and the sugar over a low heat. 
Step Three: Remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the broken biscuits and mix throughly.
Step Four: Press the mixture in to a 1x7" square or round sandwich tin.
Step Five: To make the topping melt the chocolate and 25g butter in the microwave at 20 second intervals until completely melted. Alternatively you can use a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water if you feel more comfortable doing it that way. Once it has melted stir in the milk.
Step Six: Spread the topping over the surface of the Kunzle cake and top with your chosen decorations. I used some white chocolate stars.


Step Seven: Once it has cooled pop in the fridge so it can set.
Step Eight: Once it is has set cut into slices and enjoy..




Hope you liked today's post I knew it was worth keeping this recipe for a rainy day! 

If you make the Kunzle cake be sure to tweet me a picture of it :) 

See you next time for more of my ramblings.

xx
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. That is my recollection too. A delicious chocolate sponge, sandwiched with Chocolate Buttercream and encased in a chocolate shell Divine. This recipe is lovely but nothing like a Kunzle cake

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig