Halloween Themed Afternoon Tea

Leave a Comment
Those of you who have been following my blog posts will know that I LOVE the whole traditional afternoon tea experience and I am always on the lookout for any excuse to partake in a spot of afternoon tea.

Today I will be sharing my very first attempt at a DIY afternoon tea with you. With Halloween fast approaching almost every supermarket and food store is brimming with Halloween themed treats, so I thought why not organise my very own Halloween inspired tea party.

Moving away from the elegance and refinement associated with a traditional English afternoon tea, I decided to unleash my inner child and go all out with spooky decorations, complete with Halloween themed paper plates! :) 







As this was my first afternoon tea at home, I decided to keep it simple and make three different cupcakes: 

Spider Web Cupcakes: This is by far my favourite cupcake, I made a chocolate buttercream and tried to spread it as smoothly as possible. I then piped three circles of white chocolate and used a toothpick to drag through the circles, from the centre to the edge, in order to create a cobweb effect
Tombstone Cupcakes: To make the tombstone cupcakes I spread the same chocolate buttercream I made onto the cupcakes and topped it with an edible tombstone decoration.
Scary Pumpkin Cupcakes: To make these I added orange food colouring to some butter cream I made and for some extra flavour I grated some orange zest into it. To create the scary faces I used ready rolled black icing – mine look slightly evil, but I can assure you they tasted divine and were perfectly sweet!
Sandwiches: Again I kept it simple with my favourite veggie options: cucumber, cheese and onion and egg mayonnaise.

And finally no afternoon tea would be complete without some freshly baked scones topped with jam and cream! In keeping with the Halloween theme I decided to give these an evil face as well :) 

My first DIY afternoon tea was soo much fun to make I would definitely like to do another girly tea party at home. Next time I will ditch the paper plates and try to recreate the elegance of the traditional English tea room - putting my inner child away until next Halloween!

Have you ever hosted your own afternoon tea party? Any ideas on what sweet treats I could make for next time?

See you next time for more of my ramblings!
xx
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig