Ramblings of a Devoted Tea Drinker's Afternoon Tea Wish List

Leave a Comment
Today I wanted to talk about some of the cafes/tea rooms/hotels that have been on my afternoon tea wishlist for some time now. I actually wanted to post this as my first post of 2016, but over Christmas I was drowned in revision for my mock exams (boo) to have time to write this post and haven't got round to writing this post until now, so lets just pretend its the first of January today, shall we? (even though it's march)...to make me feel like an organised blogger who can balance A' levels and blogging ahaha!

So here are the top 5 afternoon tea's on my hit lit...

The Parlour, West Bridgford, Nottingham - theparlourwestbridgford.co.uk/
The Parlour is a beautiful independent vintage tearoom located in Central Avenue in West Bridgford, Nottingham. I have walked passed The Parlour like a million times but I've never got round to going there for some odd reason. It's so beautifully decorated from the outside and looks very unique. They always post pictures of the afternoon tea they offer on their twitter account and it makes my mouth water every time I see it! Time permitting I will definitely be checking this one out in the next few months!

The Ritz - www.theritzlondon.com/afternoon-tea-reservations/
The Ritz is a 5-star hotel located in Piccadilly in London, it is one of the world's most prestigious hotels! The Ritz has acquired its reputation as "the place for tea" after World War I. In my opinion the Ritz is the ultimate afternoon tea location, so is definitely on my hit list this year (hopefully).

The Plaza Hotel, New York - www.theplazany.com/dining/palmcourt/ 
So this next place is a tad very unrealistic for this year, but I just had to include it in my list! I have always wanted to visit New York, so afternoon tea + New York = happy Nishah! Also, ever since watching Home Alone 2: Lost in New York I have wanted to visit the Plaza Hotel. The afternoon tea the Plaza offers looks so grand and luxurious. It would be great to experience an afternoon tea outside of the UK to see how similar/different the experience is (sad I know!!) 

I have always wanted to try a themed afternoon tea but nothing has appealed to me that much until...

The Bobbi Brown Afternoon Tea, Balthazar, London balthazarlondon.com/bobbi-brown-afternoon-tea/
A MAKEUP THEMED AFTERNOON TEA!! When I heard about this one I instantly wanted to go! As part of the make up brand; Bobbi Brown's 25th Anniversary, they teamed up with the Balthazar Restaurant to make a beauty-inspired Afternoon Tea. The sweet treats are shaped like some of the most popular Bobbi Brown products including the Foundation Stick, the Shimmer Brick and the Gel Eyeliner they sell. This afternoon tea is priced at £25 per person and is only available until  Thursday 29th September - I am hoping to go during the summer this year! They also have made a limited edition lipstick for this afternoon tea...which I may have to treat myself too ;)                  

BB Bakery Afternoon Tea Bus - www.bbbakery.co.uk/afternoon-tea/afternoon-tea-bus-tour/
The last Afternoon tea on my hit list is a bit unusual and a twist on the traditional tea room. The afternoon tea is served on a London bus while visiting popular sights in London! - How cool is that? The bus drives past Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Notting Hill and Trafalgar square, It is priced at £45 per person, not bad for afternoon tea, culture and tourism all in one!

I didn't want to make this post too long so I've only included some of the afternoon tea's on the top of my list! Living in the UK, there are lots of wonderful afternoon tea's on offer, so this is by no means a definitive list. There are in fact lots of afternoon tea's that i would be very happy to try, so there may be some new additions to my list as time goes by! :)

Have you tried any of these afternoon tea's? Are they worth the hype?

See you next time for more of my ramblings!
xx
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig