A lovely gift...

2 comments

Whittard Instant Tea Selection

If there is one thing about me that pretty much everyone around me knows it’s that I have 'slight' obsession with tea. So it was hardly a surprise when on my 17th Birthday I was inundated with tea inspired gifts: lots of cute mugs to enjoy my favourite tea in, afternoon tea vouchers and this lovely tea selection from Whittard’s courtesy of my friends :)

Whittard shops are a tea lover’s heaven, I love wandering around my local store and perusing all the items I would love to buy if only money were no object! So receiving this tea selection was a lovely treat for me. My birthday was back in November but I’ve only just got round to sampling all the teas and I thought I would share my views on the selection with fellow tea lovers out there :)

The one word to describe this selection of teas has to be ‘refreshing’. A couple of sips and I was left feeling re-energized and calmer- a perfect way to start the day or to unwind after a busy day writing a history essay!  As with any selection there were certain options that I definitely preferred over others:-

Dreamtime Instant Tea: This one is a blend of honey, apricot and vanilla. It was very soothing and would be perfect before bed (surprise surprise)

Cranberry & Raspberry Instant Tea: I could only taste the cranberry flavour in this tea. I found the cranberry flavour on its own rather sour.    

Turkish Apple Instant Tea: I personally don’t like apple flavoured drinks so this one was my least favourites. However, if you do like apple tea I’m sure you will like it better than I did!

English Fruits Instant Tea: This blend was one of favourites. Loved the fruity flavour: a combination of apple and strawberry. It also smelt amazing - I can’t get enough of it!

Blackcurrant & Elderflower Instant Tea: The blackcurrant flavour was very strong but I couldn’t taste the elderflower at all. 

Last but not least my absolute favourite flavour the Damson Plum - which I will definitely be repurchasing in the larger size! This one isn't as sweet as the others so perfect for a breakfast blend :)


On the packet it states how you should use 3 teaspoons of the powdered tea however I felt that was a bit too overpowering I found that 2 teaspoons were enough for the perfect cuppa!


The great thing about this selection is that it can be enjoyed all year round.  The tea can be drunk hot for a soothing treat during the winter months and cold for a refreshing summer iced tea. Would definitely recommend this selection as a gift for tea lover’s! 

On the topic of birthday presents here are some of the adorable mugs I received to add to my vast collection…


This Sunday I will be availing the afternoon tea vouchers for Thoresby Hall I received from my mum – can’t wait to share my experience with you all next time.

See you next time for more of my ramblings!
xx
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. Oooh these look gorgeous! I'd love to try the Damson!
    Http://www.tamlovestea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should its really good! I think the set is still available on the Whittard website if you fancy a try ;) x

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig